About Chagford Community Trust
Chagford Community Trust Limited is a community land trust formed for the benefit of the local community, as defined by Section 79 of the Housing and Regeneration Act 2008, and is incorporated as an Industrial and Mutual Society. The Society’s objectives are to carry on any business for the benefit of the residents of the Parish of Chagford and adjoining parishes by:
- Assisting in the provision of housing for those who are in conditions of need;
- The creation of workspace, buildings, and/or land for use on favourable terms;
- The maintenance, improvement or provision of public amenities;
- The preservation of buildings or sites of historic or architectural importance;
- The provision of recreational facilities for the public at large or those who by reason of their youth, age, infirmity or disablement, poverty or social circumstances, have need of such facilities;
- The protection or conservation of the environment.